Saturday, June 16, 2007

Whew!
I haven't posted in a awhile, and believe me, life has been wild. I can't seem to keep my life in balance with everything that is happening. So, I am in HAWAII right now, and it is BEAUTIFUL. Today it is raining, so I am in here (in our rental) typing on the laptop that the lady we rented this place from (named Bev) loaned us while we are here. How cool is that?
So Hawaii is beautiful, an so much fun. this is our third day here, and we have already done so much, and there is still so much to do!! J went on a hike with my cousin Jenny's husband Axel, and left this morning at like 4:00 am. It is like 7:30 am Hawaii time now, so he should be getting back soon. (hiking the mountains of hawaii in the rain? CRAZY!)
Last night we spent time at the PCC and saw an amazing show with polynesian dancers from each polynesian culture. I think that the Tongan Fire knife dance is my very favorite.
So, some of the activities there at the PCC are really cool. J decided that he could climb the coconut tree, just like the samoan's tree climbers, so they let him try it out. I was just as shocked as the guide and the crowd with us, as J was the only person (in quite a few volunteers) that actually climbed the whole trunk of the tree! They got nervous, and didn't want him to go any higher after he was about 15 feet up! (bare feet and all!!) I was PROUD of him!

SO HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS?

We are expecting our third baby. We are really excited and think that we will be welcoming him/or her, in January. (around J's 30th b-day.)

Take care... I'm gonna walk to the beach.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad you guys are having such a wonderful trip! I've only been to Oahu once and now I definitely want to go back.
Quin and I are bloggers too! You've inspired us :-)

SageHen said...

I wish I could have seen J and the tree. Mostly because I would be in Hawaii right now insted of in my basement.

Congrats on the new one.
Think pink.

everything petersen said...

sounds like you have a personal coconut getter, I can see J being able to do that! I hope you had a great time, I have thought of you often. On my b-day we went to the gateway to play in the water and your mom and boys joined us, that was not plained but we all had a good time. I know your mom did a lot of fun things with your boys! Also Marsha and Marva went to dinner. Hey when you all caught up with things lets go swimming!