My bathroom is cleaner than it has ever been.
I think that I may have to post a sign:
"If you plan to enter this room, and enjoy it's amenities, keep this in mind...This sanctuary is not a swamp, nor a place for your dirty socks and underwear. The towels that are hung so festively, are not for your use, but merely your visual pleasure. Please note, that she who scrubbed the jets of the jacuzzi with a toothbrush, will not appreciate the use of your "tub crayons" or "transformer's coloring gel" in this tranquil pool. Please know that the management is not pleased when an entire bottle of shampoo is used to create an un-natural amount of bubbles. Please, please, please use your own bathroom and your own towels for these reasons and purposes. "
And, a funny story about decorative towels:
My husband has a real problem with me spending too much on towels. Especially towels that I won't let anyone use! I splurged a couple of years ago, and bought a set of monogramed pottery barn towels for my kid's bathroom. I bought a matching shower curtain, and did spend a pretty penny:) I felt it was worth the $ because they looked great!
One weekend a friend of our family's was staying with us. She is a kind soul. When my son was up in the middle of the night, vomiting, she got up with him, and took care of him, and didn't wake me. (I had a small baby, and she wanted to let me sleep.) Long story short, I woke up to his vomiting sounds during round 3 of the puking session. Our friend said I should probably throw in a load of towels, because she had used up nearly ever towel in the house trying to keep up with my son's ongoing puke. I gathered up a large laundry basket of puked on towels, and made my way downstairs to start a load. When I turned on the light, I noted that my son must have eaten something very purple that afternoon! I threw in the towels blindly, and started the load....Early the next morning, as my husband returned from his night shift, he found me crying in a pile of freshly dried towels in the basement.
"What's going on?" he asked (half afraid of the answer, I'm sure:)
"My POTTERY barn towels" I sniffed... "they are stained purple!"
I told him about our son throwing up, and about how our friend so kindly cared for him.
"I told you no one else in this WORLD has towels for decoration!" he said, almost pleased, I think.
Yes. My friend mopped up barf, with the pottery barn towels, and they are now rags, that I use for cleaning! Sniff....sniff...
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
It is EXTREMELY clean...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
LOL. I cant help but laugh. Jeff feels the same way about towels that aren't to be used. Although, I do feel sad about your cute towels. Sorry chica!
I think that maybe your cleaning lady should take a road trip, and get lost in southern Utah where there is a whole house for her to clean...I promise it will be worth the drive!!! Love you guys, I can only see judd just standing there with a grin on his face feeling as if he had triumphed when you are down in your sorrows sobbing about towels. Wish you were coming this weekend, I don't really know for sure if you are or aren't. Hope that maybe you are ...
I was just telling Ben about how I am so sick of the kids using our bathroom!
...Your bathroom is beautiful by the way...
here here sister!!! and for the record , i was raised in a world where everyone has their "decor only" towels and they are not to be touched. you are not alone. that is all.
I feel your pain! However, after 3 or 4 rounds of decorative towels being used and me getting really upset about it, I just use the Wal-Mart brand I can easily replace. Your bathrooom is freaking awesome.
I have decor towels in every bathroom so it's okay. Your story is funny though and I love your bathroom.
Shaun says the same thing!! He got so mad that I wanted to spend so much money on decorative towels!
Post a Comment