Sunday, June 29, 2008

WARNING: this post is not LDS approved or approved by the AAP....

It all started about 12:30am last night.
I was sound asleep...then I heard it. The sound coming through the baby monitor. Avey was rolling restlessly all around her bed, and moaning. I got up, and flew to the nursery. I picked her up, and realized she was still asleep. I did a "mama walk" with her for about 15 minutes, thinking she just needed some soothing. I put her back down and went to bed.
1:30 am: More rolling...this time crying. Up I go, into the nursery. I nursed her, and realized she was awfully sweaty while I was feeding her. I stripped her down to her onesie, and put her back in her crib. She slept till 7:30 am...waking up with an alarming cry! (usually I hear happy coos in the morning!) When I picked her up this time, I knew she had spiked a fever. 102.5* to be exact. I soothed and fed her. I gave her a bit of tylenol, and began the quest to find a church substitute. (9:00am church)
Judd had already left for work, and I am a single mom this sunday. Luckily, Megan the Mia Maids advisor was happy to give the lesson that I had needlessly spent Sat. night preparing. (It was on overcoming sorrow and dissapointment in our lives :) )
Next, I fed and dressed tWo little boys, and gave Eli the chore of combing his and Asher's hair whilst I rocked an unhappy baby. I considered sending them to church alone (we live within walking distance, and primary is 1st in our ward) Then, thoughts of "what could happen without me there" plagued my mind.
I called my Mom, and made plans to drop the boys off for her 12:00pm primary, then run Miss Sassafras to the weekend clinic.
(I'm sure that my ward family doesn't even know we are members of their ward family, since I am usually alone on Sunday, & Judd can't trade off staying with kids, and the odds are with 3 kids, that 3 sundays out of 4 a month are going to be sick days:) I figured, hey since I've already let this Sunday go to heck, I might as well get a Diet Dr. Pepper at Sonic to keep me awake, on the ride to the clinic. (read: JUSTIFICATION) So, I do. Ah! The delicious crispness of it all, paired with a delightful cup full of crunchy ice...Mmmmmmm... (bad MORMON!)
So, I get to the clinic, and it is closed. Huh? It's always open on weekends! Well, just not this weekend:) Avey is asleep, so I drive home, and start to prepare dinner. It gets out of control. I make a Pot Roast, a Summer Squash Medley, and homemade roll dough. I call Mom and tell her the clinic is a bust, and that I am alternating cooking, and holding Avey. My Mom is happy I am making dinner. She keeps the boys. Avey starts to fuss... More tylenol, and (cringing....I know that the AAP advises against this, and I will never do it again...) I turned on "finding Nemo" to see if it would make her happy. SHE LOVED IT! It made her so happy, that repeating this attrocity is going to be difficult to refrain from. I am now finishing up dinner, and thinking...
"oh well.... SOMETIMES A GIRL'S GOTTA DO WHAT A GIRL's GOTTA DO!"

...I just hope little Miss makes it OK till tomarrow! Dr. Gould to the rescue!

10 comments:

Kyle and Janell said...

Wow, that was, yeah... Anyway, so Tooele is primitive with it's weekend clinics huh. You guyz might as well move down here to Price. Hope Avey is okay (Finding Nemo is bad - when Nemo gets the fish to break the net, what about the fishermen? Does the crew get fired? Do people just eat rice without fish for dinner? No one thinks about that!)

Janet said...

It sounds like you had a great sunday! :) I'm sorry that Avey is sick. I hope that she feels better. I totally agree with your girls gotta do what a girls gotta do saying, it's great. I can't believe that you made what my kids call ,"is grama coming for dinner" dinner. Plus homemade roll dough. You rock. By the way I'd do almost anything for diet dr. pepper, I'm a slave to my craving. =) See ya

Ranae and Matt said...

Shame on you:(getting a nice refreshing Dr P on Sunday. Just kidding. Sometime you just gotta do what you need to get through the day hope she is feeling better.

Phoebe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phoebe said...

Ahhh, your family is so darling. Nice to know your a part of the blogosphere. :)

Melissa said...

good job my friend, some times a momma's got to do what a momma's got to do. thats why i dont read parenting mags any more!!!

Susy said...

Bon told me today that poor little miss has got an ear infection. I hate those darn things. Hopefully she's feeling better...and I wish you some good sleep!

The Yarn Queen said...

Keiauni, I'm also glad to see you are part of the blogshere. I'm just around the corner. I was following the Duchess blog and read your comment, and then followed it back. I remember those Sundays when nothing went as planned I think you made the best of the day. Hope baby is on top of things now.

Kari said...

Keiauni!

I love your posts! So I am finally taking a breather from all of this moving junk to write to my little "Sugar Poo!" I have thought many times, "What ever happend to Keiauni?". Thanx to modern technology, we are now hooked up again! Yeah! Can't wait to meet up with you again. Your kids are soooo adorable. Hope to chat soon!

Melissa said...

So I just realized that you have more than one blog and the one I was looking at never got updated so I am finally posting a comment on your blog. It was fun seeing you guys at the reunion. I admire all your creative things you make and do. I really am interested in buying a tutu for Kinsey. I think she would love it. Your hair clips are way cute too. It's fun learning new things about people.