Sorry kids! I have been a bit under the weather with some allergies, and I haven't posted my next contest. I am busily making things for the winners of last week, and I should have them in the mail by Monday...so watch that mailbox:)
Mr Eli turned 8 last week, and lost his 4th tooth today, right before his soccer game. (we liked to refer to him as "snaggletooth"...but now we can't anymore!!) It took considerable coaxing to get him to pull it out! (we really didn't want to pay Dr. Whitehouse $63 smackaroos to do it again!)
Eli's roots don't dissolve very well, so it is really hard to pull the tooth out himself. (...and he tells us that he really enjoys the happy gas at the dentist's office:) Watch for a SMASHING awesome 8 year old post, and a photo with/and without the SNAGGLETOOTH. Coming Soon....
Contest #2 is about to get underway:
I am starting a recipe blog called Keiauni Cooks... and I would really love to kick it off with your favorite recipes! Simply post your favorite recipe that has 5 ingredients or less in the comments for this post, and I will MAKE THEM ALL!! I will then have Mr. Beagley (Judd) taste them all, and decide which one he LOVEs the most! The winner will receive:
-The honor of having their recipe be the 1st post on my new blog (I know...so EXCITING:)
-a $10 gift card to SONIC...because their "happy hour" (1/2 price drinks between 2-4pm) rocks my world:) after a day "mommyhood"
-A copy of the cookbook that I compiled during my pregnancy with Avey, for my ward...
So I'm off for bedtime routines, baby cuddling, and all that good stuff!
I'm so excited to see what you post!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
Ham and Cheese Crepes
10 prepared crepes (1 C milk, 3 eggs, 2/3 C flour)
10 slices deli ham
1 C shredded cheese
1/2 C sour cream
Chopped green onions
Cut ham slice in half and place long-ways on crepe. Mix sour cream and onion and spread about a tablespoon of mixture onto ham. Top with cheese and roll up. Place each in a pan and warm in 350 degree oven for about 10 min.
(I put the ingredients on the counter and make one crepe and fill and roll it while the next one is cooking in the frying pan.)
Ghetto Chicken
Salt and pepper 4 chicken breasts.
Place them in a baking dish.
Put cheddar cheese slices on each breast.
In a bowl mix 2 cans cream of mushroom soup with a little bit of sour cream or mayo, whatevery you have in your fridge, and pour on top of your chicken.
1 package stuffing mix. Use the amount of butter the stuffing calls for and melt it and add it to the stuffing. Put the stuffing on top of the soup and bake at 350 for 30-35 mins. (Covered if you want your stuffing soft, uncovered if you want it a little mushy.) I do half and half.
i wish i could cook. i can bake, i can bake your pants off, but i cant cook
Swiss Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken soup
4 slices of swiss cheese
1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
melted butter
Arrange chicken in a greased 9x13 pan. Put the swiss cheese on the chicken, pour the cream of chicken soup over the chicken and cheese, then put the italian bread crumbs on top. Drizzle with the melted butter. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is done. It's super good with rice!!!
Enjoy!! Oh ya you can use cream of mushroom too, its good either way.
Chinese Hash
1lb ground meat (I usually use ground turkey)
a couple of stalks of celery
cream of mushroom soup
cream of chicken soup
warm water
rice
Chinese noodles (the crunchy kind)
Brown and drain ground meat (I usually add a little diced onion and salt and pepper while browning meat)
In a large oven safe dish add meat, chopped celery, both cans of soup, 1 can of warm water and about 2 cans of rice and about a tbs of soy sauce.
Cook in oven at 350 until celery is soft.
Serve over crunchy noodles - ENJOY :) Add soy sauce to taste.
I've also used zukes from my garden instead of celery. I like this recipe because you don't need measuring cups you just use the empty soup cans.
Oreo Trifle
3 1/2 ounces chocolate instant pudding
milk
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
1/2 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies, crushed
1. Prepare pudding as directed on package.
2. Combine pudding, Cool Whip, and 1/2 of crushed Oreos and mix well.
3. Place mixture in 9x9x2 pan.
4. Top evenly with the rest of the crushed Oreos.
5. Refrigerate at least two hours - then enjoy!
Since Judd is so sweet I thought he might like my favorite dessert recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Squares
Total Time
5 minutes
Servings
21+
Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup smooth peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies®
3 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions
Cook sugar and corn syrup over medium heat until bubbles start to appear. Reduce heat to low and add peanut butter and RICE KRISPIES, mixing well.
Spoon mixture into oblong greased pan (9x13) and press firmly into bottom until it is approximately 1 inch thick.
Melt chocolate chips over low heat and then pour over RICE KRISPIES.
Allow to cool at room temperature before removing from dish for cutting.
Recipe Story
Tyler made these when I was pregnant with Kinsey before he went to work one night. He came home at 2am and woke me up saying "We've been robbed!" I woke up startled when he said, "The whole pan of rice krispies is gone." I then laid back down realizing that I ate that entire pan while he was gone. What can I say, I had a sweet tooth when I was prego and they tasted so good. This could be why I had such a hard time loosing the weight after and am kinda embarrassed to admit this. Judd I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Chicken enchiladas
2 chicken breast
flour tortilla
cream of chicken
onion,cheese
miracle whip and lemon juice
Boil chicken and the shred. Mix 1 can cream of chicken, onion (as much as you like)1-2 cups cheese, 2 T miracle whip, chicken, and a little lemon juice. Mix together place mix into flour tortilla and roll. (leave some mix to place on top of tortilla) place rolled tortilla in to a baking pan and cover with remaining mix (enough mix to cover all of the tortillas) and bake at 375 for 45 min or until hot and bubbly.
This might be cheating because this is actually my mom's recipe.
CHICKEN ADOBO (Filipino)
bag of chicken drumsticks or wings (approx 5 lbs)
6-10 cloves garlic, smashed
1 T whole black peppercorns
6 bay leaves
3/4 C cider vinegar
1/2 - 3/4 C soy sauce
Throw all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer 30-60 minutes with lid. Serve over rice. Serves plenty. There were 7 kids in our house and always enough for seconds.
I just noticed mine has 6 ingredients instead of 5 or less... am I disqualified? Maybe just don't count the bay leaves as ingredients because you take them out at the end...oops forgot to tell you that part. Don't eat the bay leaves! And watch out for the whole peppers.
oh, i am so bummed that i missed out on all the fun!!! i have been such a bad blogger lately!!! i can't wait to check out your new blog--btw-how do you find the time to start a new blog; i barely have time to do anything with the one i already have, and i only have 2 kids!!!
Post a Comment