Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mr Eli finished up the soccer season with a Crazy hairdo, and a ton of slide- tackling fun. He even yelled at the ref a couple of times for good measure! (apparently, he thought some flags should have been thrown!)

We wanted to make sure that everyone knew that E was #6!!

Here he is feeding a swan at Hogle Zoo last week (swan not pictured:)) I have to laugh at the "Mountain Dew" hat. You gotta know that Judd bought it for him!

He's always up for a chance to hold Sassafras!

The last but not least thing with Eli, is: HE BROKE HIS ARM ON SATURDAY! So, the score is Bunkbed-2. Eli-0. He jumped off the bed at age 4 and hairline fractured his wrist. (It was an unfortunate incident that occurred when his "spidey" webs malfunctioned, and did not deploy to break his fall.) This time he just rolled out of bed at 5am Saturday morning...in his sleep. To make a long story short, he is a tough guy, and has taken everything like a champ! (and we no longer have bunk beds.) His right arm is broken right above his elbow, with a part of the fracture trailing down towards the joint. We have had various consults, and were told he would need to have surgery at Primary Children's to pin/ screw the bone together. Judd took Eli to an Orthopedic specialist on Monday, and after re-setting and X-raying the very swollen arm again, we are told that there is a chance no surgery will be required. (I'm holding my breath and praying!) He re-splinted it with a very LARGE removable hard cast, at an angle, and said to come back in a week for more x-rays after the swelling has gone down.

Here he is the day it happened, all smiles. Poor boy:(

3 comments:

Janet said...

That is horrible. I hope that he feels better soon. We know all about broken arms, no fun!!

Kyle and Janell said...

Sorry about the broken arm. Pretty scary. Hope he is doing better!

Phoebe said...

Your kids are so adorable. I used to tell PBTB so way back when your boys were tiny. Sad about the broken arm......I had no idea he was autistic. I must be clueless.