Thursday, August 09, 2007



"I'm a SuperHERO."



This is a phrase that Ash mutters under his breath several times a day. It is so funny. I'll say:


"what are you?"

"A hero."

"Are you Spiderman?"

"No. I'm Asher."

"Are you pretending to be a hero like Batman?"

"No! I'm Asher.... Actually, I am a Hero....Watch me run!"


and he zooms off, taking the chance to leap into the air every few steps...


It makes me happy to see that he has chosen to be his OWN hero. I don't mean that I want him to be arrogant. HE ISN't. But he is confident. A leader! He loves every other child he come into contact with. If another child is rotten to him, he simply shrugs it off and says: "He/ She doesn't like me today." and runs off to the next activity. He doesn't take it personally. Then, if that child wants to be nice and play at a later time, he's cool about it. LET's PLAY! It's forgotten. Kinda cool I think. He has a ton of qualities that remind me of my brother. If we dyed his hair Chestnut Brown, I think that he almost could be Quin, who's life's motto is: I LIKE ME.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Asher is so cute and such a great kid. I'm glad that he's like Quintin.