Monday, August 18, 2008

A-S-H-E-R is 6!!!!



Ash-Ash, Ashie, Lord Trumpington, Trumpy, King Baby, Ash Wyatt, Warbler, and all the other silly names we've given him....ASHER just turned 6!!!
He was the sweetest little baby you ever saw... born at 11:40pm on July 27th, 2002!! Mom thought she might die during the labor and delivery, because the epidural had no effect!!
But he came quick.....my labor started at just 9:00pm, and then boom! There he was. Pink and perfect, with a skiff of light brown hair. He was MY EASIEST baby (no Avey is not as easy as he was:)) He slept through the night at 2 weeks old. I thought that maybe he had stopped breathing, and kept checking him all through the night. Then, I just realized that he was a CHILL babe, & was letting his mama sleep. He ate like a champ, loved his binky (aka "Dee-dee") and at about 6 months this bald little blonde started to grow beautiful "beach bum" curls.
He loves my hair, & still to this day he comes in our room at night to touch my hair, if he is scared. He walked at 12 months, and then his reign of terror started (j/k)
He would climb onto our dining table at 16 months and yell "Ma-EE, Ma-EE" (as he used to call me) as soon as I walked into the room, he would jump off the table, and say "spiderman!"
He could climb the walls, I would find him on top of the fridge looking for cookies, HE WASN't AFRAID of ANYTHING!! One day at his 3 year old swimming lesson, I had to go fetch him off the high dive ladder, because he had gotten away without the teacher even noticing. I plopped him back in the pool beside his teacher, and said "he is very sneaky, and can get away easily, please watch him close, because he isn't afraid of anything!"
He loves any kind of treat. He is a picky eater. He LOVES video games and anything to do with STAR WARS. He collects star wars figures. He loves all the SUPERHEROs, and wears a costume almost every day! He is always the first to say sorry, and to say "I love you." He likes to feed our cat Maggie....and calls her "mags", he likes to have friends over every day, He is my little cuddle monster, He had his tonsils out this summer, and keeps asking when he is going to get them back:), He is my special helper boy, and I LOVE YOU ASH!!


4 comments:

Sara said...

That cracks me up you would find him on top of the fridge. How funny.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Asher! What a cute boy! I love that he was jumping off the table yelling superman! Sounds like my two little guys. They are fun though! :)

Janet said...

ok, I meant, spiderman not superman. :)

Melissa said...

Happy birthday asher!!!!! we love you!!!! i love hearing all your stories of him, and how he has survived ( and you have survived as well!) it gives me hope for crazy little Allie :)