Saturday, April 19, 2008

How Embarrassing! (naughty little MONKEYS)

Does this sweet little face look like it embarrass Mom so bad that she wanted to SHRINK and dissapear?
Does this Crazy looking 5 year old look like he could insult a couple of lovely elderly ladies from my ward?

Well, (I am copying your post Sus!! Maybe just reading yours made me think to post this:)) YESTERDAY at walmart, I am buying some more Tulle to make some more Tutus, when some DARLING elderly ladies from my ward came over to admire and talk to Avey. They start to talk to Eli and Ash, who usually smile and talk back, but instead went and hid inside a little cave in the made of all the thread stands that were pushed together. One of the ladies peeks her head in and tries to talk to them. They both have their heads down, and won't talk to her. They are acting scared. Wierd, huh? I go over and pull them out one by one, and said "how come you guys are hiding?" they answered me in not so quiet voices. ELI: (he is dead serious)"Mom. Those ladies are WITCHES. I brought Ash in here to warn him. Don't look into their eyes, Ash. It makes them ANGRY." ASH: "Mom, those grandmas have PURPLE eyes, and they've gotta be WITCHES. I don't want to be turn into a mouse! We're SO SCARED!!" (mind you the ladies are standing RIGHT THERE)

This is what comes of letting your kids watch that movie "Witches" by jim henson. Yeah, it seriously is a kid's show, but, I guess it seemed so real, that they believe that witches are ladies with Purple eyes, that act nice to children, but really DON't like them, and want to turn them into MICE.

HOW EMBARRASSING! At least the ladies weren't too offended, I hope! They smiled and walked away. Sometime I think volume, and honesty can be a mother's worst enemy when it comes from one of their kids. We ask them to tell us the TRUTH, they tell the TRUTH!

Ouch.



3 comments:

Susy said...

I MOST CERTAINLY feel your pain!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eli said...

I have been catching up on your blog. You have great stories and pictures - thank you for sharing. Good luck with the sick kids and the dead pigs for dinner.