So I'm just going about my daily tasks, and thought I'd list them...(no I'm not in Hawaii...)
Woke up early.
Packed Home Lunch for the kids (In the Hot wheels, and Spiderman Lunch boxes).
Got the kids clothes out of the dryer.
Helped them get up.
Helped Ash get dressed.
Helped Eli find his shoes.
Inspected teeth.
Made them repeat brushing.
Nursed the baby girl.
helped Ash comb his hair.
Made breakfast (cereal and milk gets it done!)
Packed up backpacks.
Coats.
Out the door to school!
Judd wakes up and drives them.
Throw in a load of towels (used to mop up the Lake Loch Ness made in my bathroom last night during bath time!)
Unload the Dryer.
Put away underwear.
Unload the dishwasher. (while listening to ELVIS)
Load the dishwasher.
Wash and hang up pans.
Start cooking the ziti. (baked ziti for dinner tonite!)
fill the sink with pine sol water.
wipe down counters and cupboards.
whew! I need a break. time to BLOG!
I'm thinking that they look like more on paper, than they do in real life!
(Is that why your husband asks "what've you done today?" when he walks through the door?)
Sometimes it seems like you do the same things over and over without much to show for it, and that can be frustrating! I really appreciated Elder Ballard's talk (I'm pretty sure it was him:)
about motherhood at conference. I found it so comforting, when occationally, being a Mom and having little time for myself is very difficult. I realize it is okay to have a hard time sometimes, and I know that I am being watched over. It's so hard to measure up when you expect yourself, your house, and even your kids at times to be perfect! I think sometimes I have this expectation without even realizing that I do:) If you are Mom, and didn't get the chance to hear this talk, I hope that you'll get the chance to read, or listen to it! It helped me so much with some things I have been struggling with. So what'd you do today? I bet it is more than you realize it was!





5 comments:
You are so right! All I can say is amen,sister.
I loved that talk too. When he was giving it I looked at Kyle and of course he was asleep... but he has been such a wonderful daddy through this childbirth thing that I didn't feel at the time that I needed to remind him that being a mom is a hard job. Maybe when the Conference Ensign comes out, I'll have him read the article though:)
I sometimes right list just to make myslef calm down, I do so much and a list will show it. Derek will sometimes remind me to chill, and will send me to my room for sometime alone.
amen to that!!! elder ballards talk was a huge deal for me!! thank you for the reminder!
I loved the talk too. You don't hear a general authority tell mom's to take time for themselves very often. It was nice to hear that from the pulpit. It is always nice to hear that the things we are doing right now are noticed and important.
Post a Comment